5 minutes with Lorna Jane & giveaway
As you may recall I was featured in the "MOVE" campaign, "Living Active Advocate" and "A Day In The Life Of Dani" 0n Move Nourish Believe last year, so what better way to return the favour than by featuring the one and only, Lorna Jane. She is a multi-award-winning superstar who lives and breathes active wear, as she inspires women all over the world to live their best. Her company motto is Move and Nourish your body and to simply, Believe.
She's such a good sport and for supporting such an amazing cause, when I challenged her to do the #alsicebucketchallenge last month! GO LJ!
What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy? Working out is a non-negotiable part of my day and I mix it up with cardio, strength training, hiking and yoga. I also take time out of every day to stretch my body, relax and clear my mind. Stretching is not only important after a workout to take care of your muscles and protect them from injury, but it’s the perfect way to unwind after a long day. I allow myself at least five minutes every night on my yoga mat to stretch out my muscles and calm my mind.
Describe your dream meal - what could we expect to find on your plate? Well first of all it has to be healthy! But it also changes with the time of year. I’m a huge fan of peanut butter, and the weather has been pretty chilly lately so my dream meal right now would absolutely have to be my peanut butter and kumara soup, which you’ll find in my new cookbook, Nourish: The Fit Woman’s Cookbook. The recipe also includes extra virgin coconut oil, fresh ginger, lemongrass and cinnamon and proves that food can be both delicious and nutritious at the same time. I like a little texture in my food, so I’ll top this soup with cashews, red chilli and trimmed green beans and finish it off with a squeeze of lime!
Who’s your go to style icon – who have you always admired for their style, and why? I don’t really look to any one person for my style inspiration, but I am ultimately inspired by confident women who are fit and healthy. I think your style should appear effortless and that is what we are seeing right now with the phenomenal global response to Activewear and the Sports-Luxe aesthetic.
What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood? I have always been a go getter and tackled everything with energy and determination. Even from a young age I was encouraged to follow my dreams and be clear on my goals in order to achieve them. This has stuck with me throughout my adult life and has been a huge factor in the success of the Lorna Jane brand.
Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why? - My activewear! The perfect active outfit can take you from a morning workout to lunch with friends and if I'm not wearing it I always have it in a bag nearby, so I'm workout ready at all times! - Snacks - whether it’s a homemade protein ball, a piece of fruit or some veggie sticks and dip, I always have snacks on hand to curb any cravings and give me energy through the day. - My iPad and iPhone so I can stay connected throughout the day.
Thanks again Lorna for joining us today and for those that need some more Lorna loving, you will love this giveaway PLUS you can check out the Fitness Expo at the Sydney Showground at Sydney Olympic Park next month October 18 and 19.
Immerse yourself in more than 14,000 square metres of all things fitness including:
- The very latest fitness gadgets, accessories, nutrition and clothing from top brands including Lorna Jane, Asics and Garmin;
- Fitness celebrities and experts, including Commando Steve, who will run VIP training sessions and presentations over the two days, and Australia’s Healthy Chef Teresa Cutter;
- Live sporting events including natural bodybuilding, powerlifting and the search to find Australia’s fittest man and woman;
- Plenty of tips and advice on the Healthy Living Stage from some of the top fitness and health experts in the country.
For our #STEPtember challenge YOU my lovely #teamdani have the chance to win this Lorna Jane pack valued over $170. Thanks Lorna! Mwah x
1. Oversized Spot T-shirt (black and white) - $45.99 2. Intricate Sports Bra (black) 3. Run Short (Sun bleached lime) - $65.99 Lornajane.com.au
Terms & Conditions
- Entries will close on 19th September 2014, and a winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
- Tell me why Lorna Jane's active wear would look great on you and include your IG and/or FB name beside your comment.
- The winner’s answer will be judged on most creative response.
- Please ensure you have subscribed here, as the winner will be notified by email. If the prize remains unclaimed for 72 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- Only one entry per person.
- Australian residents only.
Much love and friendship,