Healthy Anzac Biscuits
Lest We Forget. Anzac Day is a big deal in our household. Not only do we remember our Anzacs and attend the Dawn Service but it's the big Anzac clash between our two football clubs Essendon and Collingwood.
We spoke to our kids this morning about the importance of remembering our Anzacs and attending each year;
- Legacy - remembering our soldiers that sacrificed their lives for our freedom today.
- Comradeship - how the soldiers felt in those quiet, peaceful moments before dawn together.
- Sacrifice - over 100,000 Australian & NZ casualties were lost and most of all.
- Love - a love story of a lifetime.
This morning I sat in silence. As a token of my respect to those who sacrificed their lives and their health to make today possible. Who won us peace, communion of new strength, hope and faith for today and tomorrow.
Especially for me and my young family to live in this beautiful country Australia.
Wherever you are in the world today, take time to count your blessings and be silent.....It's the window to your soul.
You can check more on my Instagram stories here.
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (300g) wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- Combine oats, sifted flour, coconut sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Place coconut oil, maple syrup and the water in a small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in soda, then stir into dry ingredients.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls; place 5cm (2-inches) apart on trays, flatten slightly. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden; cool on trays.
Allow to cool and enjoy with your family during the footy.
Kids were pumped we made a healthy version of these biscuits which they can take to their first day back at school tomorrow!
How was your Tuesday?
365 Lifestyle Motivator