Gluten Free Sponge Cake
This is such a light and fluffy recipe that my Aunty gave me and it's super quick and easy.
5 eggs (separated)
1 cup corn flour
½ cup custard sugar
1-2 tablespoons of your preferred sweetener
1 tsp of bicarbonate soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Separate egg whites and yolks in 2 dishes.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together (corn flour, custard powder, bicarbonate, baking powder)
3. Whisk whites until soft peaks form and add sweetener.
4. While mixture is still beating, add egg yolks and vanilla essence.
5. Stop mixer and sift dry ingredients and gently fold into the mixture (this is the secret to remaining so fluffy and soft!)
6. Grease a 30cm round or square tin, pour mixture and place into pre-heated 180-200C oven and cook until golden.
Decorate with your favorite cream and fruits! We used coconut cream with fresh rasberries and passionfruit.
Let me know how you go making this! I made a Vanilla Vegan Cake for Noah's 12th birthday today.
Check out our day today!
I experimented too much with this cake and it turned out super sweet (way too much coconut sugar) but it was so dense, rich and moist it actually falls under the mudcake department.
It was delicious, even though I cracked the top lid rushing to get everything done today. Nevertheless we had a beautiful birthday boy enjoy every single bite!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING SON. You are my sun, moon, rock, the air I breathe and everything that makes me smile everyday. I love you.
365 Lifestyle Motivator