Love is in the air with Hippie Lane
Today I am thrilled to have the amazing Taline Gabrielian from Hippie Lane join us! Her vegan sweets will blow you away! She has worked hard to perfect the textures and flavours of some of my favourite desserts! I have loved her since my early days as an instagrammer and what an amazing raw food creator she is! Taline takes 5 minutes with us to share her fitness and food ethos PLUS she spoils us with an amazing Valentine’s Day dessert with No Added Sugar to share with our loved ones!
1. What fitness activity do you schedule into your daily routine to keep healthy?I do 2 x HIIT sessions a week (10 mins of running / walking intervals) and 3 x resistance sessions. It’s always first thing in the morning which sets me up for a productive feel good day.
2. Describe your dream meal – what could we expect to find on your plate?
A green quinoa bowl with felafel and baked chips! Super nourishing and absolutely delicious.
3. Who’s your go to style icon – who have you always admired for their style, and why?
I’ve always admired Nicole Richie. She breaks the rules, is truly effortless and is such a laugh. i also love how natural she is. She’s often without make up and I think that says a lot about her self-confidence and worthiness.
4. What’s a childhood habit or mannerism that has followed you into adulthood?
I’ve always been pretty determined. If I wanted something I’d work hard to get it. I’m still that way. It has it’s positives but I need to put boundaries on it ‘cause it can take its toll on you physically and mentally.
5. Name three things you can’t leave the house without and why?
My lip gloss (obsessed), healthy snack food (just in case) and my kids!
Strawberry and Cream Tarts (serves 10, R, VGN, DF, GF, RSF, 20 mins)
It’s with pleasure that I share this recipe with you. These raw strawberry and cream tarts consist of a crunchy buckini base, a creamy snow white filling, and completed with freshly sliced strawberries. It’s a winner in my household and hopefully will be in yours. A lovely entertaining treat.
1 cup (170g) almonds 1/2 cup (90g) buckinis 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut 1/4 cup (28g) cacao powder 1/8 tsp salt 1/2 cup (75g) medjool dates 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
2 cups (300g) cashews, soaked for 4+ hours 3/4 cup (180ml) coconut milk 3 tbsp rice malt syrup 1 tsp vanilla powder 1 cup (125g) strawberries, sliced
- Reduce almonds to small pieces in the food processor.
- Add buckinis, coconut, cacao powder, salt, rice malt and dates and continue to process. Mixture should stick together.
- Press base evenly into cupcake moulds and refrigerate.
- To make cream filling, drain cashews and blend in the food processor with coconut milk, rice malt and vanilla.
- Pour filling over base and freeze for at least 3-4 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, remove from freezer and top with sliced strawberries.
- Best eaten within 30 minutes of removing from freezer.
Thanks Taline for joining us today. You can find this amazing Mum of 2 and raw recipe creator on Instagram
Happy Valentine’s Day weekend. What have you got planned for your loved one?
Your Everyday Fitness Food Motivator