Monday meal planning and wicked weekend
What a jam packed weekend. From the boring domestic bliss chores (we have a daily tsunami episode with our 4 kids! Cleaning is my every second of every minute duty!) so I couldn't wait to spend the rest of the weekend outdoors!!! From walking, bike riding, my pilates workout early Saturday morning to spending the entire Sunday afternoon surfing. It was fab! It's been a little while since I went out for a paddle, as I'm typically playing with the girls on the beach but today I got to hang out with the boys and Mietta decided to go in too! Surfing is such a popular family activity for us and gets us all together while promoting good health and wellbeing, including cardiovascular fitness, as well as strength in the core, back, shoulders and legs. Boy! Did I feel it in my arms with all that paddling.
I do encourage you to take lessons to learn the correct surfing technique to get you started, lucky me I have Adrian that's a great surfing teacher so we get special one-on-one training. You should be a strong swimmer and always be aware of the safety aspects of being in the surf, which is why we have enrolled our kids into nippers at our local Surf Life Saving Club.
Surfing health benefits
- a great way to spend time outdoors with family, friends (or alone) and enjoy the natural environment
- you'll get awesome shoulder and back strength – these muscles will strengthen from the paddling
- sexy leg and core strength – once you’re standing up on the board, strong legs and a strong core will keep you up
- sensational cardiovascular fitness – from paddling
- a good outlet for stress and tension
- Surfing can be empowering, a killer workout and a welcome chance to leave your concerns behind
- it requires focus and provides many emotional and mental-health benefits
After our surf, we built sand castles, collected shells and laughed hysterically as we played tiggy and did some soft sand shuttle runs.
How lucky am I? Adrian was the darling husband and prepped brunch on Sunday with my herb instructions :-)
Scrambled herb eggs
Dash of water
Salt and pepper
Chopped dill and chives
Chop herbs and whisk together with eggs. Add salt and pepper. Gently fry in a non stick pan and serve on top of toast. Serves 2.
Super tasty and done in only minutes! It's now a breakfast Adrian is confident in making when I am not around to supervise. How was your weekend and what did you get up to? I hope you are enjoying the fresh air and this months STEP IT UP monthly challenge.
Have a sensational day and here's some Monday Motivation for you...
You have to learn the rules of the game
And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
Your Everyday Fitness Food Motivator