10 Reasons why I would love to go to Brazil
I am such a day dreamer, here goes;
- It's 7:00 a.m., everyone is up and kids are getting dressed and we meet in the kitchen around 7:15am.
- We have breakfast while I pack their lunches and school bags at 7:30 and they go and wash their face, brush their teeth and hair.
- I do the girls hair 7:45am and of course style the boys too, they say Mum can you give me a cool hairstyle today.
- It's now 8:15am and we drive to school to arrive by 8:30am.
- I'm dressed in my gym gear and head out for a walk around Lake Wendouree, Ballarat.
- It's 9:30am I respond to emails, make phone calls, do a grocery shop, online banking, house work, social media chit chat and before I know it, it's time for me to pick up the kids.
- I leave at 2:30pm and by the time we grab Zali from Kinda we are home just after 4pm.
- Then our after school routine kicks in, I check their homework 4:30pm and we do some reading, have a play on their iPads (our kids are Minecraft masters and loving the new MWorld app) and then I start on dinner at 5:30pm.
Sound like a familiar tune?
Whenever that after-school slump hits, I find ways to divert their attention and excite them by telling them how books or the internet would never give them the experience like walking on the Great Wall of China, watching the sunset in Santorini, or making fresh coconut fruit smoothies whilst overlooking Hawaii's pure paradise. We then started to day dream about where in the world we would want to go, and searched on the MWorld App created by Monash University, all the cool places and facts about the beautiful world we live in.
As much as you can.
As far as you can.
As long as you can.
Life is not meant to
be lived in one place.
There's absolutely no substitute for travel and to experience them firsthand. I love travel and you know this from last years post plus having Mister Weekender here a couple of weeks ago. Life is not meant to be lived in one place, that's for sure!
I was asked the question and here is why I would love to go to Rio De Janeiro!!!
How about you?
1. Food - You know how much I love food, I can't wait to try their Vatapá a spicy cream of fish and shrimp dish cooked in peanut sauce and for dessert Beijinho de Coco which are little coconut truffles. Yummo.
2. Tourist Spots - Rio is considered one of the main tourist destinations in the Southern Hemisphere and is famous for its beaches and various landmarks such as the statue of Christ the Redeemer. This totally takes my breath away and I can't wait to see it in person.
3. Museums - Rio de Janeiro is considered the cultural capital of Brazil because of its combination of historic and modern architecture, it has more than 50 museums, super popular for their music and literature, and of course its yearly carnival celebration.
4. Carnival celebrations - This city knows how to party! This event is the biggest carnival in the world, more than two million people arrive each day of the event. I cannot wait to be a part of that action one day very soon.
5. Beach - What a picturesque beach. Ipanema is also renowned for the first place to design the popular ‘Brazilian Bikini’s. Best I get my sunscreen ready!
6. Home of famous icons - Rio’s most famous people include Ronaldo (soccer player) but I had to share Noah's fave Brazil player Neymar Jr, The Gracie Martial Arts Family, Anderson Silva (MMA Fighter), Tom Jobin (Musician/”The Girl From Ipanema”), Vinicius de Moraes (Musician/”The Girl From Ipanema”), and Oscar Niemeyer (architect).
7. Olympic Games - Oh man this would be a dream. Rio will be hosting the 2016 Olympic Games and we SO want to go! Missed out on the World-Cup last year but Noah is pretty adamant he wants to meet Neymar Jr! Bless him, whoever told him to dream big should be very proud of his determination.
8. Biking City - Rio is a ‘Biking City’ with over 46 miles (74km) of bicycle pathways, most stretching alongside the beaches. Great to combine your fitness and travel into one.
9. Football - Football is the most popular sport and is home to 5 traditional Brazilian football clubs: América Football Club, Botafogo, Fluminense, Vasco da Gama and Flamengo.
10. Rock Climbing - Sugar Loaf Mountain is one of the largest and most popular urban rock climbing destinations in the world. There are 270 different routes to explore in the area as you climb high above the Atlantic Ocean and the sprawling Rio de Janeiro. Would you conquer the iconic mountain?
So there you have it, Rio is the place we have on our family travel list. Now it's your turn, head over and enter this amazing Trip Of A Lifetime giveaway.